Tuesday, July 14, 2009

Remember The Wild Thornberrys?

Notes Notes Notes! I'm so flustered. I had a bit of a midlife crisis for this project on Sunday. I realized I needed to change my essential questions and choose who I was going to interview. I also needed to get my interview questions together so they are as follows:

New Interview Questions
1. How do you believe submitting secrets anonymously will help if no one but the creator knows?
2. Do you believe Post Secret could be just as helpful as therapy to some? Why, why not?
3. Do you think seeing other secrets on the website help people?
4. Why do people turn to art therapy rather than attending regular therapy?
5. On average, what is usually the number one reason that patients come to therapy?
6. How much do you charge by the hour?
7. What is the process one must go through to make an appointment (Waiting period)?
8. How do you usually begin a session?
9. How do you deal with someone that just won’t open up?
10. Would you recommend Post Secret to patients, just to view, or even to submit work?


Essential Questions (New)

1. Who thought of Post Secret and what encouraged it?
2. How long has Post Secret been going?
3. Is there a P.O. Box for the website? How is mail handled?
4. What decision process goes into choosing the secrets selected that week?
5. How does Frank Warren make a living?
6. What is the connection between Post Secret and a suicide hotline?
7. What is his family life like with the secrets and everything?
8. Have there been studies on weather art therapy is more useful than regular therapy?
9. Is there a certain age that is more drawn to art therapy?
10. How much is regular therapy (As opposed to Post Secret which just cost postage)?


I finally buckled down on notes. I had printed a lot of articles and highlighted, but had not actually sat down and divided them up into notes. I started that on Sunday and I worked a lot on that yesterday.

Today we are working on making surveys which should only take me a minute since I have previously thought about what I would say on it. I then will e-mail Ms.Savido my thesis statement and then continue notes.

I'm really trying not to stress out, but this is probably the worst end of the year so far. There are so many projects due and literally no time at all.

I'm off to go work some more, but I felt this was the first time I really needed to blog.

PS. Thesis Statement (I need to reword it or add something, I just don't know what..):
Post Secret is one of the most modern and relatable forms of therapy.

No comments:

Post a Comment